If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a train accident, you could deal with them for the rest of your life. In addition, severe injuries can bring financial ramifications that leave you feeling stressed and hopeless. Fortunately, you have a legal right to fight for compensation from the liable party. If the train or railroad company’s negligence caused your injuries, you could hold them accountable by filing a claim against them.
An Alpharetta train accident lawyer from Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group can help you through the entire process. We know exactly what steps to take to help you seek compensation for your losses. With our team by your side, you can focus on recovering while we handle all legal matters. Many of our past clients have left positive testimonials confirming how much our services helped them.
Table OF Content
Why Choose an Alpharetta Train Accident Lawyer From Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group?
At our firm, we believe that victims of train accidents deserve to recover compensation. When someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you shouldn’t have to deal with the aftermath alone. Our team offers support and guidance throughout the legal process.
We also want you to make informed decisions about your next steps. Our attorneys provide you with legal insight so you can make the best decisions for yourself.
Benefits You Get When You Work With Our Firm
When you choose Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group as your train accident lawyer in Alpharetta, you can expect benefits like these:
- We’re accountable: Each of our attorneys takes great pride in the work we do and immediate responsibility for our actions. Also, we always act with integrity. We believe that by doing the right thing for our clients, we can provide them with a positive experience.
- We act proactively: Once we start working on a case, we always anticipate and prepare for challenges that may arise. Doing so allows us to react to new situations and innovate.
- We work efficiently: By using organization systems that work and technologies that automate legal processes, we streamline our efforts and work more efficiently.
- We act compassionately: Many of our clients are stressed when they come to us. You can count on our team to communicate compassionately and show mutual respect and understanding of your situation.
- We pay attention to details: The smallest details can make a huge difference. Our team thoroughly reviews each case to ensure that we don’t miss any important information.
- We go above and beyond for our clients: At Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, our team works tirelessly to get the job done right. We constantly challenge ourselves to provide high-quality services that make an impact.
Our firm offers free consultations to people who sustained injuries in an Alpharetta train accident. During this meeting, you can learn more about your legal options and how our attorneys can assist with your case.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover After a Train Accident?
After a train accident, many factors influence how much compensation you could recover for your losses. For example, someone with severe and life-altering injuries will typically recover more compensation than someone who will heal quickly. Why? The person with more severe injuries will likely require more medical attention and therefore, acquire more medical bills.
Our train accident lawyers serving Alpharetta can review your recoverable damages and calculate an estimated value for your case. Reviewing your damages provides us with deeper insight into the losses you face now and in the future. Then our team can fight for compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Damages You Could Recover After a Train Accident
We begin identifying your recoverable damages as soon as we start working on your case. By calculating the value of these damages, we can determine how much compensation to seek.
Examples of recoverable damages after a train accident include:
- Medical care you received to treat your injuries
- Future medical care if your injuries require additional treatment
- Rehabilitative care if your injuries require physical or occupational therapy
- Lost income if you cannot work because of your injuries
- Future lost income if you cannot work in the same capacity again
- Pain and suffering damages if you dealt with intense physical pain after the accident
- Emotional distress damage if you dealt with negative psychological or mental health issues after the accident
- Loss of enjoyment damages if you can no longer enjoy activities or hobbies you once loved because of your injuries
Whatever damages you have incurred, our team can fight for the compensation you deserve. While recovering compensation won’t make your injuries go away, it can at least help you avoid financial concerns, so you can focus on healing.
Steps That Our Legal Team Can Take to Investigate Your Train Accident
To recover compensation, we must prove the other party’s negligence caused your injuries. While the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) or other entities investigate the accident, we can also conduct our own investigation. We have an experienced investigative team that can use the information we gather to build a strong case on your behalf.
Investigative steps that we can take in your train accident case include:
- Reviewing the police report
- Identifying witnesses and taking their statements
- Gathering medical records to prove the extent of your injuries
- Visiting the crash scene to gather additional evidence
- Speaking to experts
- Identifying your damages and determining their value
Once we gather the necessary information, we can begin building your case and then send a demand letter to the liable party. The demand letter will include the amount of compensation we seek and supporting evidence for your claim. At this point, the liable party can accept or reject our demand for compensation. If they reject it, the negotiation process for a fair settlement begins.
You Have a Limited Time to Recover Compensation
If the liable party doesn’t accept the terms of your demand letter and we are unable to reach a fair settlement, the next step includes filing a lawsuit. Under state law, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, there are some circumstances that give you even less time, such as filing a lawsuit against a government entity.
If you miss this legal deadline, you will likely lose your right to pursue compensation in court. Therefore, it’s wise to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Our team can get to work on your case immediately, so we have adequate time to build a strong case on your behalf. Once the time limit runs out, your chances of recovering compensation become significantly lower if not impossible.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Train accidents happen for many reasons, but often because of someone’s negligence. Train companies must keep their trains properly maintained, and government entities must maintain the railways they travel on. If they don’t, liability could fall on them.
As train accident attorneys, we must determine the cause of the accident. Then we can then identify the liable party and build your case.
Common causes of train accidents include:
- Electrical or mechanical failures
- Structural defects
- Maintenance issues
- Signal or communication problems
- Driver fatigue
- Driver inexperience
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Sometimes, there are multiple factors that could have contributed to the accident, and your accident could have multiple liable parties. If so, the team at Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group can determine the level of liability for each person or entity involved in your case.
Potentially Liable Parties in Alpharetta Train Accidents
When identifying the liable party (or parties) in a train accident, complex issues may arise. This is especially true when multiple parties could be partially responsible for causing the train accident. In cases like these, it’s especially helpful to hire a train accident lawyer serving Alpharetta to investigate the details.
Our legal team can do what it takes to identify the liable party or parties, such as:
The Train Company
Many situations can occur where liability for the accident falls on the train company. For example, when a train company hires a new conductor, they must train them properly. If they don’t and an accident occurs due to improper training, you could hold the train company accountable.
Also, if a train conductor has past issues while driving company trains and the company continues to employ them, liability can still fall on them. Train companies must act proactively when there are issues with train conductors. Otherwise, they must accept liability if an accident occurs when they let someone dangerous drive a train.
The Train Conductor
Liability could fall on a train conductor who drives recklessly or ignores signals.
Other examples of situations where the train conductor could share liability include:
- If they exceed the speed limits of the railway
- If they drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- If they don’t observe safety protocols
If your accident occurred because of the actions of the train conductor, we can work to build a case that proves they caused your injuries.
A Government Entity
If the train accident happened because of faulty railways, you could file a claim against the government entity in charge of maintaining the railway. If they know a railway is faulty or needs repair and do not take appropriate action, their negligence could cause accidents.
Common Injuries That Result From Alpharetta Train Accidents
Because of a train’s large size and the rate of speed at which they travel, you or a loved one could sustain severe injuries in a train accident. These injuries could require you to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time. You might also need ongoing rehabilitative treatments or even an in-home care nurse.
Injuries that people commonly sustain in train accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries: When damage occurs to any part of the spine, you could lose mobility in your upper or lower extremities. You could also lose the ability to control your limbs through temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Traumatic brain injuries typically result from a violent blow to the head. Symptoms include headache, nausea, memory issues, or loss of consciousness.
- Burns: Burn injuries cause intense pain and can leave you with scarring on the impacted area.
- Amputations: Amputations are the loss or removal of a body part, such as fingers, toes, feet, arms, or legs. Your body part could be amputated during the accident, or a doctor could have to amputate it later because of complications from your injury.
Whatever type of injury you sustained, you could require intensive medical treatment that leaves you with high medical bills. When you work with Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, we can help you avoid paying those bills on your own.
Our team wants to help you seek compensation by negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf or fighting for you in court, if necessary. You deserve a strong support system after going through an event as traumatic as a train accident.
Contact an Alpharetta Train Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a train accident, the personal injury attorneys in Alpharetta are here for you. We have helped many clients just like you receive financial compensation after an accident, and you can count on us to keep you informed about what’s happening with your case. You’ll never be left in the dark as we fight for you.
To get started, contact us online or call (470) 465-7825 today for a free consultation. We provide these confidential case reviews so you can learn about your legal options.
An attorney from our firm can also provide you with guidance and legal support as we determine the best steps for moving forward with your case. We want to help you avoid financial ruin and move on with your life, so you can put your train accident behind you.
"Atlanta professional injury provided great service. They were extremely informative and patient, as this is my first time going through this experience. Also, Ray Williams was super helpful throughout the process and made sure that I was informed every step of the way." - Eric Hatton. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews!