It's that time of the year again, back to school in Georgia. It will be the first time many parents put their children on a school bus or let their children walk to a bus stop. Discussions about school bus safety should begin at home. Please take the time to discuss school bus safety with your children.
Important behaviors when loading and unloading at the bus stop: (From the GA Dept. of Education)
- Arrive 5 minutes before bus is scheduled
- Have all items in book bag before leaving home so you do not drop anything
- Wait in safe place, 12 feet away from traffic
- Go back home for help if you miss bus, never walk to another stop and —never have parents drive to another stop (Bus driver will not know)
- Do not cross before bus comes
- Look before exiting the bus
- Know about the School Bus "Danger Zone"
For More Info: http://www.gadoe.org/Finance-and-Business-Operations/Pupil-Transportation/Documents/High%20Priority%20Safety%20Rules%20for%20Students%202014.pdf