Here are some important steps on how to make sure your car is ready for the lower temperatures to come.
The colder weather is making its way to Georgia and it’s time to get prepared! There are several important steps you can do right now to unsure your car operates successfully throughout the winter months ahead as well as maximize your cars ability to keep you and your family safe if a winter weather problem were to occur.
- Put a winter supply box in your car. This is one of the most important things you can do for your car and your personal safety. Examples of items to include is a flashlight, road flares, a first-aid kit, a few blankets, a change of warm clothes, gloves, a charged phone, bag of sand, ice scraper, and some high energy snacks.
- Check your engine coolant and antifreeze levels.
- Check tire pressure and tread depth. Its important to make sure your tires are in good shape. Sometimes with the weather change your tires will need to be filled with air. Most gas stations offer free air fill-ups.
- Use winter windshield wiper fluid
- Switch to winter-grade oil at your next oil change.