Metro Atlanta is known for its traffic congestion, and with this congestion comes a host of driving issues. This is especially true for those commuting through North Fulton County and its many interconnected roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 40% of all collisions happen at intersections. Here is a look at some of the worst intersections for collisions in North Fulton County and the surrounding areas. (Data compiled from city officials, police reports, and the NHTSA).
- North Point Parkway at Old Milton Parkway
- Abbotts Bridge Road at Medlock Bridge Road
- State Bridge Road at Medlock Bridge Road
- Alpharetta Highway at Hembree Road
- Holcomb Bridge Road at Market Boulevard
- Woodstock Road at Hardscrabble Road
- Roswell Road at Abernathy Road
All of these intersections have seen multiple collisions per month, some of those collisions fatal. City officials and representatives of the Atlanta Regional Commission cite outmoded infrastructure, poor visibility, and speeding as the probable causes of the collisions. Police hypothesize that the individuals involved were also distracted while driving. If you have been involved in a collision and need help with your personal injury case, call Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group - Gore at (404) 436-1529 to schedule a free personal injury consultation.