There’s no excuse for drunk driving. If you were hurt by a driver who got behind the wheel while impaired, you could have a case against them. Build that case with the help of a Roswell drunk driving accident lawyer from Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group. With evidence, we can demonstrate that the driver’s actions were inexcusable, and they owe you for your losses.
Contact us today to talk about pursuing the maximum amount.
Table of contents
- Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group Supports Victims of Drunk Driving
- Why Work With Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group?
- Medical and Financial Losses
- How Our Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Pursue Those Damages
- Other Ways a Roswell Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Assists You
- Our Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Have Earned Accolades
- You Can Bring Us Any Type of Drunk Driving Accident
- Tell Us About Your Drunk Driving Accident Injuries Now
Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group Supports Victims of Drunk Driving
When you choose our firm, you get a team committed to seeing your case through to the end. The steps we take to reach that end depend on your goals and feedback. That’s why we start with a free consultation you tell us what you need from the very beginning.
Along the way, we adapt to any twists and turns. At our firm, we are proud of always turning challenges into opportunities and taking advantage of chances to make your case more efficient.
To get started on the path, you can come to us with questions about:
- How to prove the driver was drunk?
- What evidence is necessary for a drunk driving case?
- What do you need to do to receive compensation?
- How to file a claim with an insurance company?
- What to say during calls with the parties involved?
- How long do you have to file a lawsuit?
- How to pay bills while you’re waiting for your case to conclude?
Although we do share our strategizing with you, we know that your biggest concerns following your accident are practical: bills, losses, repairs, and appointments. We can assist you with that while working on your case as you recover.
Why Work With Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group?
This is likely a stressful time for you and your family. We want you to know you have our support throughout the legal process.
Here are a few reasons to work with us:
- Prompt communication from start to finish. Uncertainty about a claim or lawsuit frustrates injury victims. Our team updates you throughout the process and answers all your questions.
- A legal team that understands. We have firsthand experience with the challenges our clients face. Our founder, Jennifer Gore-Cuthbert, made it her mission to support injury victims after she was in a car accident in college.
- A proactive approach to your case. The legal process can get complicated, but we don’t wait for the complications to come to us. We take a proactive approach to your legal strategy, anticipating and preparing for roadblocks, then fighting hard for the best results.
- Experience getting results. Our team knows how to go after the compensation you deserve. We have experience securing six-figure settlements and awards for our satisfied clients, and we’ll put our experience to work for you.
Medical and Financial Losses
One of the biggest categories of compensation involves reimbursing you for the accident’s direct costs. That includes both the expense of your care and the hit your wallet took.
Our team can seek damage for:
- Emergency care
- Treatment bills
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Long-term losses
- Lost income
- Reduced ability to earn
Recent statistics from the Insurance Information Institute (III) show that the average bodily injury liability claim is over $15,000. However, cases that involve hospitalizations or certain injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, can cost even more. Lifelong injuries could spell higher costs for regular prescriptions, medical equipment, and therapies. What’s more, we project your expenses over time, as well as the loss in your income due to career changes from the injury.
In other words, we don’t stop at the average amount. We work to obtain you the maximum possible amount.
Your tangible costs comprise just one facet of your possible damages in a Roswell drunk driving accident.
Our attorneys can also argue for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
Even though these are sometimes called intangible damages, we tie this type of compensation to the tangible consequences you suffered from your injuries.
For example, if your hand was crushed in the crash, we don’t just analyze the bills for surgeries and physical therapy and determine how much income you will lose now that you can’t work at your old job. We can also look at how the injury changed your day-to-day activities and hurt your mental health.
To help insurance adjusters or juries see how vital these damages are, we connect them to the vital parts of your life that the accident changed.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Georgia has a higher alcohol-impaired driving fatality rate than the national average. If a drunk driving accident proved fatal for your loved one, you and your family are entitled to recover compensation for their loss.
A wrongful death claim or suit involves damages for:
- Medical care
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Lost guidance and support
State law allows surviving spouses, parents, or children to file for wrongful death. Given that dealing with grief is already a bigger burden than you should have to carry, you can turn over the case proceedings to one of our Roswell wrongful death attorneys. We can tally the losses associated with your loved one’s case and fight for financial recovery.
How Our Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Pursue Those Damages
What does a lawyer do to prove that a driver was 1) drunk, 2) hurt you while drunk, and 3) owes you compensation? While the specific evidence collected is on a case-by-case basis, some forms of proof are commonly used in drunk driving accident cases to tie the case together.
Evidence of Drunk Driving
Our attorneys can prove a driver was impaired while behind the wheel through:
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) tests
- The police report from the accident
- The driver’s receipts from bars or restaurants
- Bar or restaurant security video
- Eyewitness reports from the scene
- Eyewitness reports of the driver’s drinking
Our attorneys work together with authorities to procure evidence that might relate to your case. The state BAC level for a DUI is 0.08, so if the driver who hit you had a BAC of 0.08 or more, they could face criminal punishment. We can then use that police evidence in our own case.
We can also help show that a driver was drinking by collecting evidence from before they got behind the wheel. For instance, we can use testimony from a bartender, security video from the bar, and receipts to show that a driver was drinking just before the crash.
People present at the accident can attest to the driver’s behavior on the road. They may not know definitively that the driver was drunk, but they can report that the driver was swerving on the road or behaving in a way consistent with impairment.
Evidence Connecting Drunk Driving to Your Injuries
To demonstrate that the driver’s impairment caused your crash, we can build on previous evidence with additional information:
- Traffic camera footage
- Bystander video
- Collision reconstruction
- Accident analysis
Even in the absence of cameras, we can consult experts who can analyze the debris and angle of impact to reenact the accident. This analysis can show how the crash happened, pointing to the drunk driver as the responsible party.
Evidence of Your Losses
Capping off your case is evidence showing what you deserve in compensation.
To accomplish this task, we can gather:
- Hospital bills
- Doctor notes
- Treatment plans
- Expert testimony
- Pay stubs
- Proof of income
- Employer testimony
This documentation can highlight the severity of your injuries, the length of your recovery, the cost of your rehabilitation, and the losses in your professional life.
For more intangible damages like pain and suffering, experts can weigh in. An example is a mental health professional like a psychologist, psychiatrist, or licensed therapist. They can provide testimony that you suffer from anxiety, depression, or stress because of the accident.
Other Ways a Roswell Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Assists You
In addition to the nitty-gritty casework of pursuing your drunk driving claim or suit, our personal injury lawyers can:
- Talk to everyone involved so that you don’t have to
- Provide you with regular updates about your case’s progress
- Help restart stalled negotiations with an insurance company
- Run any settlement offers past you, explaining the terms
- Identify any attempts to undermine you or your story
- Track down and interview witnesses and experts who can help
- Support you with everyday logistics like appointments and repairs
At every turn, we are available for questions and comments. If you aren’t sure what to do, we offer advice based on our experience and evaluation of your case.
We Hold Drunk Drivers Responsible in Civil Court
The driver may not have exceeded the state’s legal BAC limit of 0.08. The police might not have charged them with a DUI. Don’t assume you can’t pursue a drunk driving case against them through insurance or a lawsuit.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a BAC of just 0.02 reduces a driver’s judgment, visual functions, and multi-tasking ability. A BAC of 0.05 can make it harder to steer, respond to emergencies, or track objects. Although the levels might not mean the driver is charged with a DUI, their behavior was still negligent, and negligence underpins claims and lawsuits.
At Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, we help injured victims receive justice through a civil case, even if they don’t receive justice through a criminal case. We operate independently of police proceedings.
We Explain the Timeline of Your Case
Typically, state law generally allows injured parties two years to file a lawsuit for either personal injury or wrongful death.
Some factors can change that timeline, such as:
- If the injured party was a minor, the case is sometimes tolled until they are old enough to take legal action.
- If the injured party was incapacitated, the case is then tolled until they are recovered enough to take legal action.
- If the driver fled the scene, the case is tolled until authorities can identify and track down the culprit.
- If the driver is identified, but their whereabouts are unknown, the case is tolled until the driver is located.
- If the accident involved a government entity, the case might have a different statute of limitations, such as if a city bus driver was drunk and hit you.
- If the injured party passed away from their injuries, the case might date the statute of limitations from the death, not the accident.
Obviously, a lot of scenarios can change how long you have to file, sometimes lengthening the timeline, sometimes shortening it. Our attorneys can identify what factors could affect the statute of limitations in your case. Don’t miss out on your chance to file for damages!
Our Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Have Earned Accolades
Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group is proud of the feedback and recognition we have received for assisting accident victims.
Through our work for clients and the community, we have received the following accolades:
- Ranked Best Car Accident Lawyers in Roswell by Expertise
- Earned a 10.0 Superb Avvo rating, along with several client choice awards
- Listed by National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Rated by Super Lawyers, Respected Lawyers, and the BBB
In addition to these honors, we have positive testimonials from our clients. Reviews mention our responsiveness, listening and attention, and consistent, clear communication.
You Can Bring Us Any Type of Drunk Driving Accident
If you were hurt by a drunk driver in Roswell, we can handle your case, regardless of the type of crash you suffered.
Some common ways drunk drivers cause injury are through:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Speeding accidents
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to yield accidents
- T-bone crashes
- Wrong-way driving collisions
However the driver’s impairment caused them to act on the road, we can identify it and use it to build a case on your behalf.
Tell Us About Your Drunk Driving Accident Injuries Now
Call Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group today at (404) 609-1724 to start a free evaluation. Our Roswell drunk driving accident lawyers want to hear your whole story—our approach to your case is informed by your concerns and goals. Ask us any questions, share any worries, and tell us any hopes you have for the future. We can work to get you there.
"They’re so amazing, from beginning to end! They make sure to go above & beyond to reassure you and have you on top of everything with your case! Super professional and they make you feel safe & protected! 10/10 will always recommend it. Especially, Karla, she’s super sweet, helpful, and always got back with me right away!" - Geraldine Quintanilla. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews!