If you sustained an injury in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, you could have extensive medical bills or missed income both of which can leave you facing financial issues for many years to come. If someone else caused the accident, you shouldn’t have to suffer financially. Instead, you can take back your life by filing a claim or lawsuit against the liable party.
Uber and Lyft accidents are often more complicated than typical car accidents, mainly because other potentially liable parties are involved. The Marietta Uber and Lyft accident lawyers from Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group are here to help you navigate the legal process. With our attorneys by your side, you can recover the compensation you need to avoid financial struggles in the future.
Table of Contents
Why Hire Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group?
At Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, we not only advocate for our clients to recover the compensation they deserve, but we also offer support and guidance throughout the entire legal process. When you choose our team to represent you, we want to make sure that you never feel alone and keep you updated through every step of your case.
There are many benefits for victims of Uber and Lyft accidents who choose to work with our attorneys, including:
- We always do what is right for our clients. Our clients come first, and we want to help them achieve the best possible outcome while also acting with integrity.
- We work proactively and always anticipate and prepare for challenges that could arise in each case. If a problem does arise, we can adapt quickly with a different strategy.
- Our optimism helps us to focus on the positive for our clients and seek opportunities for solutions.
- We are detail-oriented and know that the smallest details can make a huge difference in a legal case. Our attorneys closely examine each case to ensure that no detail goes unnoticed.
- We make sure we do the job right the first time, working tirelessly to do everything in our power to get our clients the compensation they need after sustaining injuries.
Services That Our Attorneys Can Provide
After your accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, you might not know what to do next. When you hire Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, we handle all legal matters related to your accident, so you don’t have to.
The steps we can take on your behalf include:
- Speaking to the other parties involved and their insurers: Insurance companies often try to reach out to the injured victim quickly to make a lowball settlement. We can handle all communications with insurers to ensure that you don’t accept anything lower than you deserve.
- Investigating the cause of the accident and collecting evidence: Once we have adequate evidence that proves the liable party caused your injuries, there’s a greater chance that their insurer will offer a fair settlement.
- Determining the damages you suffered after your injuries: If you sustained injuries, you likely suffered damages, such as medical bills or lost income. Our team can determine the value of your damages to identify how much compensation we should seek.
- Calculating future losses as well: We often speak with medical professionals and gather other documentation to prove future losses as well.
- Negotiating with the opposing party to reach a fair settlement agreement: Our team has fierce negotiators who will not rest until we have helped you receive fair compensation for your losses.
- Representing you in court if we cannot reach the financial settlement you deserve: If necessary, our attorneys can prepare and present your case before a judge and jury to help you recover maximum compensation.
When you choose Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group to represent you, you can focus on recovering from your injuries and moving on with your life and leave the legal complexities up to us.
How Much Does an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Marietta Cost?
Here’s more good news about choosing our firm to handle your case because we work on a contingency basis, you don’t have to pay any upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs. Our attorneys understand that you are probably facing financial difficulties already, and we don’t want to make the situation worse for you.
When you work with Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group, you can expect:
- No-cost consultation: You can determine for yourself if our legal team is the right fit for you during a free consultation. This discussion gives you the opportunity to discuss your potential case and find out how our attorneys can help you. After the consultation, you can decide if you want to move forward with our legal team. All consultations are confidential, and there is no obligation.
- You don’t pay unless you win: When you begin working with our team, you don’t have to pay a retainer or any other upfront costs. Once the case gets settled, you only pay a small percentage of your earnings as a fee. If we cannot help you reach a successful outcome, you owe us nothing.
With the fee structure we offer, there is no risk in letting our team represent you throughout your case. We want to help you hold the liable party accountable, and you can do that without worrying about the cost.
How Much Compensation Could I Recover After a Marietta Uber or Lyft Accident?
The amount of money an accident victim could receive through a settlement or award varies based on different factors, such as how severe their injuries are and how they impact that person’s life. Our attorneys can review your recoverable damages and calculate a fair settlement value for your case.
After sustaining injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may have acquired many monetary losses (economic damages) and non-monetary losses (non-economic damages).
Economic damages compensate the injured party for money they have lost (or will lose) because of their injuries. Typically, these damages are easier to calculate because there is usually proof of the loss, such as receipts, bills, or pay stubs.
Examples of economic damages after an Uber or Lyft accident may include:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses include any medical care you need to treat your injuries, such as emergency room bills, ambulance transportation, doctor visits, surgeries, hospital stays, or medications. You could also recover future medical costs, such as therapy or rehabilitation. Our attorneys can help calculate the estimated value of your future medical bills.
- Lost income: Many accident victims who suffer severe injuries miss work for an extended period of time while they recover. If you had to miss work, you could recover the wages, bonuses, benefits, and other forms of income you lost. You could also recover future lost income if your injuries could require further treatment or leave you unable to return to work at all.
- Property damage: The liable party’s insurance company should pay to repair your vehicle. However, after getting in an accident, your car could sell for less in the future. You could include the diminished value of your vehicle in your claim. If your car cannot be repaired, the insurance company should pay to replace it.
Economic damages can help make you financially whole after an Uber or Lyft accident. Our attorneys can gather evidence to prove that your injuries from the accident caused your losses.
Non-economic damages compensate you for losses not associated with a monetary loss.
Examples of non-economic damages you could recover after an Uber or Lyft accident include:
- Physical pain: Injuries can cause tremendous physical pain that lasts for a long time. If you experienced physical pain during or after your accident, you could recover compensation. Our attorneys can also help you recover compensation for any future pain you may go through.
- Emotional pain: If you have dealt with emotional issues because of your injuries, you could recover compensation. A lot of people involved in vehicle accidents deal with the emotional trauma that could last far into the future. Our attorneys can provide evidence that you have experienced emotional pain or may continue to experience it.
Non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate because they aren’t associated with a set monetary loss. The Marietta Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group know how to calculate a fair value for non-economic damages, using proven formulas and other data to determine how much compensation we should fight for.
Uber and Lyft Insurance Coverage
Uber and Lyft offer similar insurance coverage when their drivers cause car accidents. The insurance coverage offered by Uber or Lyft depends on the app mode or setting the driver was in at the time of the collision. Mode options include when the app is off, when the app is on but there are no passengers, and when the driver is on an active ride.
The Uber or Lyft App Is Off
If the app is off, the Uber or Lyft driver’s personal insurance coverage should cover the accident. Neither rideshare company offers coverage when their drivers aren’t using the company app.
The Uber or Lyft App Is on, but There Are No Passengers
If the Uber or Lyft driver has their app on and is waiting for a ride when the accident occurs, the rideshare companies offer limited insurance.
Both companies have the same coverage, which includes:
- $50,000 per person for bodily injury coverage
- $100,000 per accident for bodily injury coverage
- $25,000 per accident for property damage coverage
The Uber or Lyft Driver Is on an Active Ride
An active ride is when the Uber or Lyft driver is on their way to pick up passengers or they have passengers in their car. Again, both rideshare companies offer similar insurance coverage if an accident occurs during an active ride.
This coverage includes:
- $1 million third-party liability coverage
- Comprehensive collision insurance
Our attorneys can identify any other insurance coverage the rideshare company in question offers if an accident happens during an active ride.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
State law generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Once the two years have passed, the probability of recovering compensation for your injuries lowers significantly. Most cases are automatically dismissed by the court, giving you very little leverage in settlement negotiations.
The attorneys at Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group can ensure that you don’t miss any legal deadlines regarding your case. Seeking legal representation soon after your accident helps give our team enough time to build a solid case against the liable party.
Common Uber or Lyft Accident Injuries
The injuries sustained in an Uber or Lyft accident can cause implications for the rest of the victim’s life, and treating these injuries can be very expensive. Therefore, it’s important to fight for fair compensation from the liable party.
Common injuries sustained in rideshare accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Scrapes, abrasions, and cuts
Whatever type of injuries you sustained, you should get the monetary compensation you need to move forward without struggling financially. Our attorneys can help, no matter how severe your injuries are.
Contact a Marietta Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
If you sustained injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident, contact an injury lawyer at the Atlanta Personal Injury Law Group today. During your free consultation, we can discuss the circumstances of your case and how your injuries have impacted your life. A member of our team will explain your legal options and provide insight into how we can help. Call us at (678) 235-3861.
Don’t let negligent drivers cause you to suffer financially. Instead, let our personal injury attorneys in Marietta fight for you by filing a claim or lawsuit against the liable party. We can provide the support and guidance you need as we work toward a successful outcome. We have handled many rideshare accident cases, and we’re ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.